Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Affirmation

I know that I'm tired today. Yesterday was a marathon day of voting and meetings and being "on" and more meetings and counseling and phone calls and more meetings. Oh, and the election, and the returns and the races and the speeches and the tears and the amazement.

But knowing that I'm tired and being rational about it? Two different things.

However, in the midst of the crap I was able to distill a need of mine -- I need to hear that we're doing good ministry here. I know I should be able to see it and sense it on my own, but I'd really love to hear someone else give some indication that we're not messing up entirely.

And really, there are little things -- the thank you card we got from a confirmand, the ability to talk about giving with faith, the encouragement from a curmudgeon to take care of ourselves during this stressful time.

Like I said, knowledge and rationality appear to be on opposite ends of my spectrum. Maybe I need a nap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, a nap or a MAP (mental adjustment period) which can include chocolate, massage, and/or manicure. Take some time for yourself!
Amy w

Jennifer Garrison Brownell said...

you are doing a great job out there. keep it up.

and a start by taking a nap. even 20 minutes can be very refreshing. mmm, I think I'll have one myself.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

hang in there friend... as i like to think of it, we're all in different corners of the vineyard, but sometimes we feel alone... keep on keepin' on!

and yes nap... restortative it is!

kwpershey said...

I miss your blogging, and loved seeing your poem over on FS. :)

Sunshine said...

Had not checked in on you since last fall..
But where did you go?

... "Retired Pink Shoes"