Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday -- It's really Wednesday?

Wow, I have no idea where the past days have gone -- I mean, when I look at a calendar and realize that I've been consumed with taking care of my child and settling into a new house and starting back to work my new colleague, then it makes sense. (Not to mention the fabulous time with friends that I had in my own home on New Year's Eve.) But there's also that startling disconnect of remembering that I had a conversation with a dear friend the other day, and the realizing that it was yesterday.

That conversation is but one of the random floaties that I'm experiencing -- delightful things that I can't always seem to place in the appropriate time/space. Others include buying many magazines and indulging in their beauty; getting caught up on reading my bloglines, or at least skimming appropriately; actually leaving a comment or two around the blogs; procuring a library card for the new community in which I now live; smiling in delight at learning (via their Christmas letter) that a former boyfriend and his wife are expecting their first child; making many phone calls and getting -- surprisingly -- a lot done at work.

5 comments:

LoieJ said...

Blessings for your New Year. And remember "Adjustments take energy."

Anonymous said...

It actually sounds fun. I thought of you the other day when I caved in for some magazine subscriptions. I remembered your very impressive list of magazines in your house, and tried to pick up the pace!

Pink Shoes said...

Ooo -- PPB -- What did you order?? I think that will be my next request for recommendations -- magazines you couldn't live without.

Anonymous said...

That would be a fun list! You truly are getting "back in the groove." How's the little guy feeling today?

Anonymous said...

As random as it all is - magazines, conversations, ex-boyfriends and babies, new jobs, etc.....it seems somehow wonderful in its own way.