Monday, July 23, 2007

Sweet Spots

Seeing the sunflowers that I so haphazardly planted actually growing.

Hearing my two-year old ask, as he crawls into our bed in the morning, "Is it breakfast time?"

The blossoms on my other scattered seeds.

Dinner with friends.

New babies in my life.

Feeling well enough to want coffee again.

Finishing a project.

Mailing a package.

Inscribing a book to a beloved child of God.

Showing the two-year old a watermelon at the store and having him ask, "Um, is it a plum?" And then he giggled.

Grilling.

A full house at worship yesterday.

Being done with VBS. Wah-hoo.

Lunch on the deck today.

2 comments:

LoieJ said...

I once did a notebook for 6 months about things I'm thankful for or glad about, etc. It was a blessing to look at the positive.

Anonymous said...

I just read your comment regarding the end to VBS...Wah Hoo...

It made my day! As a seminarian who spent the summer using Avalanche Ranch for my first ever VBS (159 people!!!)
I so appreciate that sentiment.

Just great!

BTW-Maybe sensible black shoes with pink bows? No? Maybe go crazy with a blush colored cleric?

God's Peace!