Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Better than the crossword puzzle

I never realize how entrenched I am in the little routines of my life until I change them. Obvious, perhaps, and yet.... perhaps I should change more than one of them in any given day.

This morning I had to stop and walk myself through the shampoo/rinse/condition/wash/rinse cycle because I'd moved my shampoo.

And this afternoon? I nearly just threw my chewed gum on the carpet of my office because I moved my garbage can.

Laughing?
Try it.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Whenever things like that happen at our house, either my husband or I will sheepishly admit to having been on automatic pilot. The really pathetic thing is that the dog is just as attached to his routines as we are to ours. Maybe even more so.

I'm glad you didn't get the gum on the carpet.