1. Would you call yourself "creative"? Why or why not?
Calling myself creative has always seemed very presumptious. However, I know that I have creative tendencies and love to make things, to create. So, yeah, I guess. And, these days, I sometimes forget that my concentration in college was writing, particularly creative writing.
2. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you currently do that you'd like to develop further.
I do some collage and some altered image things that I love. There are a couple of pieces in process in my nook that I am growing pleased with, though having the time to work on them has proven a bit difficult.
3. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you have never done but would like to try.
I'd love to try glass blowing. I have the sense that it's very powerful and beautiful while being delicate.
4. Complete this sentence: "I am in awe of people who can _____________."
Sew or knit or crochet really well, or draw to create beautiful pieces of art, or take stunning pictures. I'm also in awe of people who finish a project before starting something else.
5. Share about a person who has encouraged your creativity, who has "called you to your best self." (I'm pretty sure that's from the Gospel of Oprah.)
Hmmmm... that's a difficult one. There are a number of friends in my life over the years who have made comments that cut through all of the crap in my head to allow me a glimpse of how others see me. These have been gifts that have propelled me forward.