It only seems fitting that this post, which is a milestone (200!!) for me, is a Friday Five. I haven't played them all, but they have been a consistent thread in my blog. Without further ado, here's the Friday Five -- courtesy of Songbird this week.
"My mother loved figs.
I only like them in a Newton.
It's all a matter of taste.
Name five things you like a lot that some close relative or significant other did/does not like. This could be food, movies, hobbies, music, sports or whatever springs to mind."
1. Roller Coasters. I love 'em -- the feeling of flip that my stomach does, the rush of the unknown, the clatter of the track. My beloved can't stand them and would rather watch from the ground below.
2. Reading. I can spend hours lost in a book. My mom can't sit still long enough to become engrossed in much more than a magazine.
3. I am much more touchy-feely, alternative medicine-y than most folks in my family. I could sense my husband crawling out of his skin when the midwife explained that they don't really know how the sterile water papules injected into my back would relieve back labor, but that they just do. However, he was very supportive of most of my decisions (I say most because he didn't especially want to consider a homebirth.)
4. Sweets. When it comes to an evening snack, I'll be eating my ice cream with chocolate sauce while he has his chips and salsa.
5. Fluffy movies -- romantic comedies, chick-flicks, previews that make me cry. While he will watch them for the good of the cause, he'd much rather watch something with a message or some action.
Pssst... In honor of my 200th post, a random commenter will receive a special celebratory gift in the mail! So, leave a comment on this post between now and midnight (CST), and I'll post the winner tomorrow! Shameless ploy for comments? Perhaps! Way to share the party? Absolutely!