With the inevitable July 4th on the horizon, we respond to these questions...
1) Do you celebrate 4th of July (or some other holiday representing independence?)
Not with any great fervor or gusto .... we often travel or are with family over the holiday so that becomes a celebration.
2) When was the first time you felt independent, if ever?
This question is far too existential for me this morning...
3) If you're hosting a cookout, what's on the grill?
Not hosting... if we were -- chicken, burgers, corn on the cob, and my favorite grilling delicacy -- apples and cinnamon in a foil packet for dessert.
4) Strawberry Shortcake -- biscuit or sponge cake? Discuss.
Um, both ... either... whatever is available? More important to me is the presence of whipped cream...
5) Fireworks -- best and worst experience
Don't really have a bad experience -- two good ones stand out: National Youth Gathering, Dallas, TX, 1991. And, much later, being in a kayak in Lake Superior as the fireworks went off overhead. That was by far the coolest.