Friday, June 09, 2006

Sleepless in ....

Ugh. That was my first thought when I woke up (again) and saw the time. 0430.

Now, I know that many people get up at this time regularly to go to work. I don't. I'm more of a 6:00 (via the Boy) or 7:00.... creeping toward 8:00 if for some fluke I'm home alone. Which, since the Boy, doesn't happen a whole lot. Regardless. This morning my body decided that 4:30 would be a good time to wake up... I had other ideas, but since my mind, and it's anxiety-ridden tendencies, took over at about 4:31, I figured I was up for good.

So, here are my questions (since the RGPB Friday Five hasn't been posted and I'm leaving for a two-day meeting shortly):

1. When you wake up in the middle of the night do you have trouble falling back to sleep?
Sometimes. Especially if I'm particularly worried about something.

2. Do you have any techniques that you use to fall asleep, either for the first time or again later?
Some meditation, occasionally warm milk, getting up and writing down whatever was bothering me.... these work if I do them.... that's a big if.

3. Do you fall asleep with some "white noise?" (radio, tv, fan...)
Nope... used to with the radio

4. Do you snore?
I don't think so, and I don't believe MDH when he says that I do, because I think he sleeps too soundly to know. He does snore, though!

5. What would be your ideal sleeping pattern, work/kids/etc not considered?
I'd go to bed between 11 and Midnight... waking between 7 and 8. That sounds very civilized to me.

See ya when I get back!

No comments: