Thursday, February 16, 2006

Clear Signs

Just when I think that I have a few things under control.... I look around my office and think, "Huh..."

Some clear signs to me that I don't have "things" under control:

Number of coffee cups in my office that need to be washed: 5

Number of those coffee cups that have needed to be washed for more than a week: 3

Number of uncapped pens on my desk: 4

Number of CDs out of their cases on my desk: 3

Number of phones calls that I don't want to make: 5

Number of those phone calls that I really need to make today: 3

Number of things that I would rather be doing than working: 6 that I can think of immediately

Number of blogs that I'll read before actually doing anything at work: 5 or 6, possibly more

Number of pieces of chocolate cake I had for breakfast: 1 (which is not to say that I won't have more for lunch)

And, just so you don't think that I'm so completely down on myself ---

Signs that I do have things together:

The clothes that I'm wearing are clean

I got the Baby Boy dressed (also in clean clothes!) and ready before I left

I've already led a Bible study and read to pre-schoolers

I might actually cook tonight

5 comments:

reverendmother said...

I just can't tell you how comforting it is to read this.

kwpershey said...

Ditto.

Why do I feel such shame about unwashed coffee cups? I mean, really.

Hang in there, Sassy Pastor.

Unknown said...

My office is awash with the unwashed cups, or the paper cups from the coffee shop that are soon to sprout mold. You are not alone.
But as a pencil user, I don't have the pen problem.

Pink Shoes said...

The funniest part about looking back on my day and this post? I gathered all of the cups together, but did nothing about them beyond that. Ah, too funny, too funny.

Jules said...

I always keep at least one gross cup in my office to keep me humble.

Okay, I'm lying. The gross cups are because I'm too easily distracted. There are plenty of other things to keep me humble.