Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What's really important?

In an attempt to overcome the overwhelming sense of dread that I get from my office, the laundry room, the kitchen, etc., I'm trying to figure out exactly what is important to me. This isn't a definitive list, nor is it entirely serious, but it's what's coming to mind. I figure it's worthwhile to think about these things occasionally so that I don't go completely crazy.

So, continuing the perpetual state of discernment, here are some things that are important to me:

... Having time to read at the end of the day.

... Having enough money to pay the bills.

... Not feeling guilty for taking 10 minutes to stop for coffee before going to the office.

... Being surrounded by people who value time and recognize the value of others' time.

... Seeing pretty things every day.

... Not being overwhelmed by life.

What's important to you?

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I think I would ditto those.

I'd add occasional restful sleep too :)

will smama said...

hugs

naps

hot liquids when are REALLY cold in order to start getting warm from the inside out

hearing you did a good job and allowing yourself to hear it instead of focusing on all of the things that could have been done better

see-through faith said...

good ones :)