Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Some random thoughts for the morning

Although I realize that it's already afternoon, in my mind it's morning -- because after a 3+ hour council meeting and a darling Baby Boy who decided to get up twice in the very short time between when I got home and when daylight broke, my DH took BB to daycare this morning and I went back to bed ... I feel somewhat like a slacker because I then slept until nearly 11, but I need to remind myself that a) I was really sick last week AND b) I'm at church three evenings this week AND c) I'm on an overnight retreat with confirmation students Friday and all day Saturday AND d) just because my colleague is a workaholic doesn't mean that I need to be, too.

So, onward and upward with some other random thoughts --

I love stamps -- good ol' postage stamps. Without any commentary on rising postage costs, stamps are one venue in which pretty and interesting doesn't cost more.

Tidying the piles on my desk makes me feel like I've cleaned. I realize it's only on the surface, but it makes me feel better.

It would be helpful to look at the texts for this weekend, as I'm preaching and there is that aforementioned confirmation retreat that will suck the life out of Saturday.

I hope you all are well.

No comments: